WELCOME FRIENDS

This is still a work in progress but upon the live footage that you can obviously see, i also have poll questions, and articles which reference what the hell I'm ranting about! I plan on getting this up and running to be even better soon! YEAH



DEEZ NUTZ

My photo
A YEA YAY!!!! Fun easy-going person who tries to live life to the fullest! Very spontaneous and I'm glad. Always keeping busy which I have come to enjoy. Have great friends and family who always give me there support no matter what! Thank u all!!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Atmosphere at the Phantoms Game

First and foremost before we go into detail about the Phantoms/Monarchs game I feel it necessary to explain the atmosphere at the event. Upon arrival a large crowd had formed outside the Glens Falls Civic Center for tickets. Families and friends gathered to their seats and many had Phantoms scarves, jerseys, and hats on. It has been a long time I have attended an AHL game and saw such dedication amongst the fans. The community really has embraced the team. They cheered during good plays, taunted the other goalie (as well as there own), and even though the Phantoms were down by 4 goals, they stayed until the bitter end! It was refreshing to see kids dancing to the music and the youth hockey team sliding all over the ice on their skates. It reminded me when I was a kid going to Capital District Islander games. They do have incentives to get people to return to games such as a zambonie ride and autographed merchandise. I can’t wait to attend the next game and talk with the fans. The Phantoms don’t have the best record this year, in fact the most wins that they have had were in the month of December. So why do fans return to the games? Is it a love for the game? Is it a love for the Phantoms? Or is it merely something to do and somewhere to be seen? At the next game I will be asking fans these questions. I look forward to hearing the results.
For more information and tickets to see the Phantoms live go to http://www.phantomshockey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment